DIY: glitter heels
DIY Glitter Heels are an easy and inexpensive way to make an old pair of heels feel new again or to add a color accent to any outfit.
What you'll need:
- A pair of shoes (wipe the sole off with a wet cloth to remove dirt)
- Mod Podge gloss formula
- Glitter (I used extra fine glitter)
- Brush (I used a foam brush but all kinds work)
- Paper bag or cardboard (makes cleanup easier)
Okay, let's begin:
1. Mix Mod Podge and a small amount of glitter in a cup. This will be your primer and first layer of glue. I used a paper cup so I can throw it out when done.
2. Apply a smooth layer of the glitter glue mixture to the sole of the shoe. You can tape off the edges if you are concerned about your edge painting abilities.
3. Sprinkle glitter over sole to cover glue completely and let dry 24 hours.
4. Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the glitter sole. Don't worry, it goes on white and cloudy but dries clear. Let dry a full 24 hours.
5. After 24 hours your shoes are now able for a night out on the town! They will wear like normal soles and the glitter helps with traction on slippery floors.
Happy DIY-ing! Leave any questions in the comments and enjoy your new heels!