Heard a lot about GlamGlow mud mask lately? If you've heard it's one of the greatest skin care products I've used thus far then you're right. I was skeptical upon purchase because $69 for a face mask can give one a little sticker shock. I decided to review GlamGlow on my blog for all the skeptics out there.
The website says.. "Clinically Developed by GLAMGLOW® Dermatological Chemist to help fight all common skin concerns. NEW ACNECIDIC-6™4.4% the first 6-Acid AHA & BHA Blend for mind-blowing faster results. NEW Pore-Matrix™ with Activated-X Charcoal & New K17-Clay™ for deep pore vacuum extraction, encapsulation & seemingly poreless skin. Bio-Life-Cell-Science™ uses the complex natural occurring skincare benefits of green life for Advanced results. NEW TEAOXI® Patent Pending release technology with real Eucalyptus Leaf in our formula for Magical Glowing Skin."
So lets try it..
- GlamGlow goes on easy with a little grit. I applied the mud mask to my face after washing off all makeup with a gentle cleanser and patting my face dry with a towel. Upon initial application it is a wet dark grey shade.
- The mud mask immediately starts to dry, turning into a light grey color. For a moment there I looked like a Navy SEAL going undercover in camouflage but soon it all dries to a uniform shade. It starts to feel a bit tight, but not uncomfortable,
- This is where the magic happens. As the mask dries, it starts to pull the dirt, oil, and toxins out of your pores. You can actually see this happening as the gunk turns the mask back into a dark grey color. This happens mostly in your trouble/oily areas.
- Wait 20 minutes.. The mask will feel a bit tight but it doesn't tingle/burn/hurt.
- I gently wash the mask off, wash my face as per usual, and continue my usual product regimen.
And the results..
Pros: Baby soft, incredibly clear glowing skin. My pores look cleaner and smaller, and my skin tone is more even. I use this mask once a week, every Sunday, and my skin has significantly improved in the past four months. I have always had generally clear skin with the exception of a few pimples around that time of the month and occasional blackheads, but since starting using GlamGlow I have noticed less problem areas.
Cons: The price tag is a bit expensive. The jar costs around $69 and lasted me about four months with once a week application.
In my book, GlamGlow is a must. Its anti aging, reparative, rejuvenating, skin clearing, and cleansing properties are worth every penny.
Want to know more about the ingredients in GlamGlow and its effects? Here you go!
- ACNECIDIC-6™ - 4.4% AHA & BHA 6-Acid Blend. PH Balanced.
- Glycolic Acid - Helps Restore Photo Damaged Skin & Improves Skin Texture.
- Salicylic Acid - Helps De-clog to Minimize Pores & New Skin Rejuvenation.
- Lactic Acid - Helps Pigmentation, Moisture, Stimulation & Skin Collagen.
- Mandelic Acid - Helps Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Aging Skin & Skin Elasticity.
- Pyruvic Acid - Helps the Effects of Scarring & Clearer Skin.
- Azelaic Acid - Helps fight Follicle Bacteria & Breakouts.
- TEAOXI™ - Delivers Fresh Natural Eucalyptol, Linalool Oil & Powerful Flavonoids.
- ACTIVATED-X - Xtreme Absorption Vacuum-Carbon Extracts Sebum Oils, Bacteria & Toxins.
- K-17 CLAY - Proprietary 17 Step Process to Better Encapsulate Sebum Oils, Bacteria & Toxins.
- LICORICE ROOT - Helps Regulate & Alleviate Problem Skin.
- PEPPERMINT PLANT - Helps Control Bacteria & Irritations.
- Eucalyptus Leaf - Helps Fight Toxic Skin Complications.
- ALOE VERA, CHAMOMILE, MARIGOLD, CUCUMBER, IVY, HERB - Helps Calm, Soothe & Heal.
You can buy at Sephora here..