DIY beauty hacks are my favorite! Not only do they save some serious cash but a lot of times they work better than a $40 something product! Here are a few more of my favorites..
- DIY Baking Soda Shampoo - I HATE SHAMPOO. There, I said it. I have wavy, dry hair that loves to take on a good frizz at first chance of humidity. I don't use traditional shampoo, I haven't in months, but product build up happens and can dull hair. So once a week I mix baking soda and water to create a thick paste and apply to wet hair in the shower, gently scrubbing it from roots to ends, rinse and follow with conditioner. This is a great addition to and co-washing routine and is far more gentle than typical shampoo laden with sulfates and detergents.
- DIY Baking Soda Teeth Whitening - Received this great tip from my dentist. She suggested added a little baking soda to my toothpaste twice a week to gently buff surface stains to reveal whiter teeth. I mix a bit of toothpaste in a cup with a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and brush teeth as normal. Being a coffee drinker i've noticed pearlier whites in about two weeks!
- DIY Neck Cream - An old adage says when checking the youthfulness of a woman don't look at her face, instead look at her neck and hands. Unfortunately we spend so much time caring for our face sometimes we miss other important areas and they end up showing signs of aging. Have a face cream you're almost out of or didn't like? Mix it with a simple moisturizer and use as a neck and hand cream to keep your skin supple and wrinkle free.
- Coconut Oil Hair Mask - After a long summer of salt water and wind, or a bitter winter of freezing winds hair starts to show damage. Apply coconut oil to the lengths of hair, let soak for 30+ minutes, and shampoo out. Your ends will be renewed and soft.
- Tea Tree Oil Spot Treatment - Instead of reaching for a chemical laden product for an occasional breakout try tea tree oil. A natural antimicrobial, it helps destroy bacteria trapped in the pore and reduce inflammation and redness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner - Apple cider vinegar is an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. It also restores skin’s pH to correct levels helping to restore moisture and elasticity. Great for reducing acne, wrinkles, and clogged pores. Check out my previous post on Apple Cider Vinegar Toner here..
Happy DIY-ing :)